The job in short
We are looking for an experienced developer to work on our IoT cloud platform to rapidly, robustly, and cyber securely collect, store, process, visualize data and efficiently manage operations around data streams from thousands of connected installations.
The Digital Engineering unit is working to build the operations data infrastructure which provides value to the customers across various sectors, as more and more of our customer offerings rely on connected products and services.
If you have a solid foundation in software development, cloud platform experience and attitude to continuously learn the latest technologies, this position is for you. We offer a unique opportunity to join a team of highly skilled professionals and take part in building our IoT platform to be more robust and scalable with a mixture of open source and commercial cutting-edge tools and technologies.
Ideal candidate would possess the most of following key skills:
– Experience with event-driven architecture and real-time stream processing platforms
– Experience of designing distributed systems with large scale data.
– Experience with kafka pipeline: Kafka Connect and possibly KSQL
– Developing and deploying microservices in Kubernetes clusters
– Extensive experience in Java and Python
– Proficient with AWS services including S3, EC2, SQS, instances on scale etc.
– Experience with IoT systems producing hundreds of thousands of messages per second ideally with MQTT
We also value the following:
– Experience with time-series databases ideally InfluxDB.
– Knowledge of operating and maintaining Kubernetes clusters
– Some experience with Spark, Presto
– Some experience with functional programming e.g. in Scala
In addition, we expect:
– Ability to work in a multi-location environment and collaborate with multiple stakeholders
– Ability to prioritize and work on competing priorities
– A customer-oriented mindset and ability to understand complex business requirements
We are looking forward getting to know you so please feel free to contact us.